Sunday 7 September 2008

Glenn interview - NZGirl

How would you describe your sound?
It’s music for the head, heart, hands and feet. It’s funk/rock/pop/hip hop.

Fav song on the album and why?
‘Breakeven’ – lyrically the song doesn’t get anymore concise and brilliant. When I was first played the song, Mark had already programmed the beat. I heard it and was like, ‘that’s not the way it should be’. The great thing about us is we always change the rules – we’re not afraid to
mix it up. Lyrically the song is fantastic – we’ve all been in a situation where our heart has been broken!

What’s your favourite song right now?
Coldplay’s ‘Lost’. It’s so fantastic and so lyrically brilliant. I play it all the time. It’s my prescription for a bit of soul searching!

Advice for aspiring musicians?
Always keep going, never say no for answer – because right around the corner could be the career break you’re going for. When I was 15 the guidance counsellor at school asked what I wanted to do when I left, and I said music, and she said, ‘What about a real job?’. She told me I couldn’t do music for a living and now look at what I’m doing. Just believe in yourself, there’s no such thing as no. All you’ve got to do is figure out what you need to do to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment